Our client is seeking a driven and tenacious candidate to join the team as a Finance operations assistant. The company is an avant garde accountancy service offering bespoke accounting and business consultancy to the self-employed and to individual tax payers.
You would be responsible for the administration and control of all clients bank accounts, enabling ongoing compliance, accuracy and proactive account management including download, entry and reconciliation.
- Fully investigate anomalies and liaise with all other departments to provide information to assist in recovering monies
- Fee transfers to current account and debtors ledger reconciliation (Pegasus)
- Assist in any required banking or administrative activities as required
- Assist other members of the team as required and provide cover during absences
- To work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards
- To work together with other departments to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability
To constantly maintain a good level of understanding and knowledge of the company’s services and products, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately.
- To take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives
- To be willing to listen to and support colleagues and team members with professional problems, devoting time to share your expertise
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience (or potential to learn)
- Highly organized & methodical
- Experience of cash administration & reconciliations
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Work well under pressure & to deadlines
- Flexible approach
- Experience of Customer Services or Retail sector
- Ability to adhere to all compliance and controls, whilst still being able to identify potential efficiencies and improvements
- Good experience in data entry
- Self sufficient
- Excellent communicator with a calm and patient outlook
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Excel and an ability to use complex bespoke systems and bank software
- Part-qualified in an accountancy or tax discipline, or possessing a relevant degree/A Level qualification (Accounts, Finance, or Business).
Please call Kirsty at Futures Recruitment Services to discuss in more detail regarding the role.
This vacancy is advertised by Futures Recruitment Services who operate as an employment agency. Due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reply to each personally and should you not hear from us within 7 days this means your application was not successful.